PostgreSQL is an object-relational database management system (ORDBMS). PostgreSQL does not belong to any single company or a firm and it is developed by a community of developers and companies around the world. It is released under the BSD-style license and it is available for free and anybody in the world can use PostgreSQL. It is a very good reliable software and a powerful Relational Database system. This Relational Database System is written in C language.
Below is a set of instructions which will help you to create a user for PostgreSQL:
Note: Make sure that you create the username and the password for the user you want to create. Once you have created the username and the password of the user you want, you will have to add the user to the database you want to allow the user to access.
Steps to create a PostgreSQL user :-
1) In the new user section, enter the username and the password you wish to have for this database. Two text boxes, one for the username and the other for the password are provided for the same purpose respectively.
2) Click on the Create user button.
3) You will see the following statement:-
“Added USERNAME with the password PASSWORD.”
4) Click on the Go Back link.
5) Find the “Add User To Database” section. Above from the “User” drop down menu select the user you created in Step 6.Then select the database you want to add the user to from the “Database” drop down menu.
6) Next, click on the Submit button.
7) You will see the following statement:-
“User USERNAME was added to the database DATABASE.”
8) Click on the Go Back link.
9) You should now see the user you created in Step 1 above in the “Users” column.